Skip to main content

Third Time's the Charm



Dawn and Jimmy and I were up before the kids this morning for workout number three. And Dawn was right - third time IS the charm! I was able to do nearly all of the reps (though those darn push-ups still kick my butt) and felt exhilarated afterwards. I can understand how athletes get addicted to the exercise high. That, and the feeling of superiority of having exercised, packed the lunch box, set out everyone's clothes for the day, sliced strawberries for breakfast, bathed and dressed myself before the family had even gotten out of bed! I am woman!

On the home front, my poor little angel is teething in the worst sort of way. Constant cuddling seems to be the only remedy for her pain. Inexpensive, yet taxing relief. Thank heavens that t-ball season is over. My resolve to force the boy to fulfill his commitment to the team was waning, as was his willingness to comply. For him, at least, the trophy at the end of the tunnel made everything worthwhile.

Comments

Anne said…
oh man! You're inspiring me. I better get to the gym. My resolve went out the window with - let's see... travelling, early mornings, hmm what other excuses can I think up. Maybe just I didn't feel like grunting and sweating. What time did you get up anyways? Kids still in bed? Wow! You ARE woman.

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Like A Box of Chocolate

According to experts, chocolate is now good for you. Feel guilt no longer; chocolate is actually good for the heart, brain and libido. Can I get an amen?  That is more than the permission the kids and I needed to visit Papa during his shift at the Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory. If you ever find yourself cruising down I-5 through the nothingness of Lathrop, do something sweet for yourself and pit stop at Ghirardelli's ice cream shop. At $5 each, the "World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae" will not disappoint. The smell alone is enough to get your dopamine levels rising, keeping travelers bellied up to the bar like alcoholics on a binge. Thankfully, you can't get pulled over for driving home under the influence of an over-sized sundae. Although, judging by the giddiness and volume of some of the pint-sized patrons, I'd say the hot fudge can definitely affect your judgement. Life may be like a box of chocolates, but in this case, you definitely know what you are g

Motherhood - Not for the faint of heart

My picture of hell: one soggy rainy day, two healthy energetic children, three solid days of DVDs, one dog that needs to pee but refuses to get wet, and me. Alone with the carnage and contracted to get 4 hours of work done. And just to frost the cake, Lucie can take off her pooy diaper now, which delights us all, but especially the dog, to no end. These days it is sort of a toss up for who has left the pile on the carpet. Lucie? Dog? The fact that it landed on top of a princess high heel is good indication the culprit was of the two-legged, shoe-loving, Oreo-eating variety, which makes it only slightly less disgusting to remove behind a 28-ply Kleenex. Pray for sunshine.

15 Years Ago Today ...